I have  a routine that processes each character in a file.  The file I am
working with is over 2 million characters long.  I pull it into a memory
variable with filetostr and then process each character with the substr
command.  Apparently substr has problems when dealing with a long string as
the process is painfully slow.

I suspect that I will be better off using the low level file routines to
read one character at a time but thought maybe someone knows of a way to
speed up the approach I am using now.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

multipart/alternative