Dne 27.2.2017 v 14:18 Dave Crozier napsal(a):
Gentlemen,
Just come across a really weird problem whilst installing some software on a
new machine. It uses MSCAL.OCX as an ActiveX component which on the majority of
machines is installed by default. However in this case it isn't and hence
requires regsvr32 to register it - or (as I thought) simply to place the ocx
into the folder of the application where it should be picked up automaticall -
which it is NOT doing!

Is this just a feature of MSCAL.OCX i.e it can't be put into the application
folder and why doesn't it work!!!

Unfortunately the machine(s) I am loading it on are locked down as non
administrator users and nobody seems to know the administrator password on the
network due to the network being managed by a 3rd party who are not available...

Any ideas?

There is a way how to registr OCX from your code, but without admin rights I am affraid it does not help:

cOCXname=GetFile([OCX], [ActiveX])
DECLARE LONG DllRegisterServer IN "&cOCXname."
IF DllRegisterServer() = 0
        MessageBox([Registration of]+chr(10)+cOCXname+chr(10)+[O.K.])
ELSE
        MessageBox([Registration of]+chr(10)+cOCXname+chr(10)+[failed])
ENDIF

* You can use DllUnregisterServer to unregister the ocx.

Dave

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---