I have used with success Balabolka Text Extract Utility.

http://www.cross-plus-a.com/btext.htm

Gianni

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 10:19:20 -0500, "Paul H. Tarver" <p...@tpcqpc.com> wrote:

Original Thread: Getting count of rows in a text file -- best approach?

A couple of times I've heard people mention reading in PDF files using
FileToStr and I want to know more about reading and extracting data from PDF
files. I do a lot of data conversion and interface work with lots of file
formats, but I've not been very successful at importing and extracting data
from PDF reports. Obviously a scanned image saved as a PDF would have to be
ocr'd first, but is there is a reliable way to extract data from PDF reports
and if so, how? I'm sure I don't know all the ends and outs of the PDF
format, but when I try, I seem to get a strange mix of formatting details
and data combined in a random way.

Am I being thick here or is there really a way that I can get any PDF file
from any client and then successfully extract the data elements from that
format?

I'm prepared to be thought of as stupid but be gentle! :)

Paul H. Tarver
Tarver Program Consultants, Inc.
Email: p...@tpcqpc.com