On 2017-05-01 10:20, mbsoftwaresoluti...@mbsoftwaresolutions.com wrote:
On 2017-04-26 16:08, Richard Kaye wrote:
Looks to me like your current solution is storing a formula in a
remote cell which you said you wanted to avoid.

Good point.  I had (temporarily) relented on that.

Just tried it and your code worked perfectly.  THANKS!!!!!!

                        * Now open its child DETAILS table and confirm
oExcel.Workbooks.Open(Detail,.F.,.T.) && false to UpdateLinks; true to open ReadOnly
                        WITH oExcel.ActiveSheet as EXCEL.Worksheet
DetailClaims = oExcel.WorksheetFunction.CountA(.Range("Details!R:R")) - 1
                                DetailCaid =
oExcel.WorksheetFunction.Sum(.Range("Details!R:R"))
                                DetailCharges =
oExcel.WorksheetFunction.Sum(.Range("Details!Q:Q"))
                                DetailCare =
oExcel.WorksheetFunction.Sum(.Range("Details!S:S"))
                        ENDWITH && oExcel.ActiveSheet as EXCEL.Worksheet
                        oExcel.ActiveWorkbook.Close()