On 2017-04-29 06:50, Laurie Alvey wrote:
Hi All,

This is all very ingenious, but I am curious to know why you would want to
know the number of lines.

Laurie

As the original poster, I'll answer: we want to compare the # of records sent this year compared to what they sent us last year. I was looking on the raw text file side initially; I believe I've changed my focus though and am looking at the table count after importing into SQL Server instead now. But this thread was good to learn of other options!