We tried the anti-virus,  web filtering,  bad hair day approaches all to no
avail...  Turned out to be a query that was being ran to generate a list of
parts.    Ran this way for  years but decided to choke on a machine on the
network.   Move the query before firing the form and all is good.  But get
this,    I could run the old version on my local machine (no network),  or
from the server and it was fine.  We monitored network traffic while the
query ran it ramped up to megabytes.....

Appreciate the help,
Regards,
Desmond