I'm thinking it is more a factor of momentum: "An object at rest tends
to stay at rest."  They probably rolled out a package that they
purchased, they're on to other projects and no one took the initiative
to fix an error.  I was careful in my email to be very polite, and to
kindly request the fix ("Please sir, could I have some more?"), and not
to mention the "L" word (Linux).

One thing to remember is that I am not the customer of the school
system.  Heck, my sons aren't even the customer.  The real customer is
my children's grades and test scores.  I have come to the realization
that the school system (as a whole) doesn't care what my kids learn or
whether they retain any knowledge.  It just matters how they test and
are graded.  That is the true "customer": test scores.  All school
system decisions and finances are dependant on those scores.  I'm sick
of it.  We're homeschooling our kids starting in January.

Darn.  I'm OT!  Gah!!!

Kevin Cully
CULLY Technologies, LLC

Sponsor of Fox Forward 2006!