On 2017-05-30 08:51, Edward Leafe wrote:
<snipped>
And yeah, it is 2017 now, and most of the demand I see is not only for
web-based apps, but also mobile-aware web apps. I’m sure that there
are people who still want desktop apps, but then again, there are
still people running Windows XP.

Yes, it seems like everybody wants web apps...and honestly, it seems like sometimes for intracompany items, a web app isn't needed but still, that's what they want. That said, in 2017, I think you could still argue that a more productive UI could be built for a desktop app, "but that's not cool."