From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Ted Roche
Sent: 10 July 2017 16:11
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: {NF} Time to hang up my boots?

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Laurie Alvey <trukke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's getting to the point where I don't know half of what you guys are
> talking about. In a recent post (A trusted application), Paul Hemans
> wrote "Probably Cordova on mobile and nw.js on the desktop.". I have
> no idea what these technologies do. Mea culpa..

https://nwjs.io/ and https://cordova.apache.org/ although don't be surprised if
reading those pages leave you with more questions than answers. Both talk about
Node as if you already know what that means (it's a JavaScript server that can
runs on your local machine as well as internet servers) and that you understand
the NPM is the Node Package Manager. There's an awful lot of acronyms and and
shortcuts used in the Javascript world and easy to feel like an outsider could
never climb the learning curve, but it's not really that bad.

It is all [NF], though. Paul's thread seemed to start off talking about a
FoxPro app and then, *Whoosh* off he went into the new shiny tech.

I decided there was so much new technology and acronyms and increasing rate of
change that it was impossible to keep up alone, so I choose to join a company
of fellow experts. In 1995. Not much has changed, in that respect.