I will give it a go and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Sietse Wijnker
Sent: 23 November 2006 10:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Changing Colours

You interpreted my suggestion correct, but it only works for colors where
none of the components isn't maxed out.
When working on a dark grey tone, it works. That's where i tested it....

> This does not work, for example if I set screen back colour to a nice
> orange.
> _screen.BackColor= RGB(255,128,0)
Matter of taste..... ;-)

How 'bout this:

_screen.BackColor = RGB(255,128,0)
_screen.BackColor = IncreaseColor(RGB(255,128,0),25)

FUNCTION IncreaseColor(tnColor, lnIncrease)
        *- Determine the RGB values
        lnRed = BITAND(tnColor, 255)
        lnGreen = BITAND(BITRSHIFT(tnColor,8), 255)
        lnBlue = BITAND(BITRSHIFT(tnColor,16), 255)
        *- Increase the RGB values with a maximum of 255
        lnRed = MIN(lnRed + lnIncrease, 255)
        lnGreen = MIN(lnGreen + lnIncrease, 255)
        lnBlue = MIN(lnBlue + lnIncrease, 255)
        *- Return the new color
        RETURN RGB(lnRed, lnGreen, lnBlue)
ENDFUNC