Hi all....

Yes, that old wOOdy FOXil is still alive and kicking :) After several years
of silence and self-maintenance, I thought it couldn't hurt to take a look
at ProFox again.

In the meantime I checked the 60-age mark, managed to survive 5 years as a
freelancer  (after the breakdown of the ProLib companies in 2009), and 2
years ago I changed back into employment. They offered me some obscene
amount of money to get me onboard to manage and enhance their inhouse
software. Finally I couldn't resist, even after sleeping over that decision
for three nights..   Thus now I find myself in a 9 to 18 job, with driving
86km each morning and evening  (which means starting at 7:30 and returning
at 19:30), but I'm very happy with my salary (and 30 days of payed vacations
:) )  It could be worse than that ....

That one and only application I'm in charge now, manages about 60.000
customers and their investments of about 1.5 million containers (those steel
boxes for freight), which are rented out to shipping companies; with an
annual turnarount of hundreds of million euros.  All managed in a classic
VFP9 app (based on the VFX framework).
We print about 80.000 sheets of paper every quarter (that are rental
statements for our customers) with the help of Amyuni and XFRX, and do
banktransfers of about 110 Milion euros every quarter to those customers...
Some big money is involved here.. Talking about rounding differences at
calculation time :)

I'm stil involved a little bit in alternate dev-tools, stil dabbling around
in Servoy and Lianja, but due to that VFP job I barely have time to follow
those tools extensively.  I wish I could dedicate more time into that, but
currently I and my collegue are still burried up to the nose with software
changes and additions..

Now let's see how often I manage to chime in here :)

wOOdy

"*´¨)
.·`.Visual FoxPro: It's magic !
(¸.·``··*