On 2017-12-02 08:46, Kevin Cully wrote:
This is the approach I took for my aging Samsung laptop.  It already
had an i7 with 16G of RAM, and it was seeming slow to me. I replaced a
500G HD with a 1T SSD and it breathed new life into it.  The laptop I
really wanted would have been $1,300 and I spent $300 on the new SSD
HD.  It's hard to justify that much money for a new machine when
replacing the "slow parts" on an otherwise good machine is much more
cost effective.

I was pretty nervous taking apart my laptop as it was a "thin" form
factor and to replace the HD you basically go through the top and
through the keyboard.  YouTube videos helped me out and it went off
without a hitch.

Hi Kevin!

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Mine isn't slow really, but I have been continuing to delete and move things to an external drive a lot (because I've been nearly out of space for years), and I hate that. Clients want me to do Quickbooks stuff and I don't have enough space to import their QB database and test. Frustrating.