Slightly drifting off the topic focus, but this fellow's solution was
to build his own cloud server with less that $300 worth of hardware
and $1500 worth of disks. Not counting power costs, this is going to
run around $30 a month for 5 years (assuming all the hardware is zero
at 60 months). You have the problem, of course, that whereever the
storag ends up is in danger of fire, floods, catastrophes and
unavailability.

http://blog.quindorian.org/2017/08/diy-cloud-backup-replacing-crashplan-home-family-diy-style.html/