On 17 April 2018 at 18:04, Stephen Russell <srussell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I work for a company with 20 plants USA by summer the newest one will be
> on-line,  Another in CA and one UK.
>
> Our month end close for accounting use to take 300 excel documents 7 years
> ago and now only 15.  That is PROGRESS.
>
> Most of the plants plan production on excel as well.

12 years ago I worked for an large UK/US ticket agency (yes, that one)
and everything was Excel sheets.
Most of these were generated from FoxBASE (yep).

The FoxBASE apps were positively modern compared to the backend.
Ancient VAX systems.
Mostly West-End shows but also events at Twickenham rugby stadium
(80,000+ seats).

--
Paul