I'm placing my bets on your deduction, Alan.

Now to make sure my Samba servers are all up-to-date!

Thank you!

Mike

Alan Bourke wrote:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50172067/sqlconnection-error-if-exe-is-executed-from-network-path

Looking at the above it seems to indicate that you can no longer run EXEs from
shared locations when the protocol is SMB1. Having said that SMB1 was
superseded in 2007 and deprecated in 2014. Samba supports up to SMB3.