On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Paul H. Tarver <p...@tpcqpc.com> wrote:

> Not sure whether this will apply to you or not, but I recently had a client
> running an ERP for hundreds of client databases spread over multiple
> servers. We became aware of problem they were having with random timeouts
> a specific server. Since all our other server connections were working fine
> (ie: never timing out), I suggested they check the network card, network
> cable & network port on the switch.
> Report [OT] Abuse: http://leafe.com/reportAbuse/00c501d41af2$b7f324c0$
> 27d96e40$@tpcqpc.com

<snip>

Thanks Paul....

After I posted our IT guys started talking about the server waiting on
ASYNC_NETWORK_IO. More or less they said it seems like SQL is serving up
the data but our client end software (our stuff) can't keep up. They said
all indications on the server performance when this is happening is that
everything is just dine, memory is dandy, all is well.

So perhaps the bottleneck is our software (quite possible) or the net card,
or something else. *Something* is strangling the throughput and I'll bet
swapping out the card is a quick and easy thing to do (easy for me to say
since I'm not the one to do it).

I'll mention it to them. Thanks again...

--
Matt Jarvis
Eugene, Oregon USA

multipart/alternative