On 2018-09-18 19:29, Frank Cazabon wrote:
Not sure I'm understanding. Do you want to allow editing in the grid
or do you want a popup form to edit the records from the grid?

I've always used a separate form for single record add/edit. Then took that object and validated it in the business object (my controls were always thisform.oRecord.cLastName, etc.), then passed that to my data object to add/edit/delete in the backend (MySQL) database via my SPT code.

I have allowed editing in grids with no problems for many years using
visual max frame.

For some reason (probably years before I switched to non-binding VFP cursors instead of local views or direct tables in my earliest VFP days), I favored avoiding data entry in grids. Some here may have helped me form that position too.

I would never use an on key label for anything in an application. I
would use buttons with hot keys or if that is not possible use the
form's key press.

I liked the Help manual idea for it!