+1

Paul H. Tarver
Tarver Program Consultants, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of
Charlie-gm
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 2:46 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: SPT and Remote Views

Just a quick FYI.

If using SQL Pass-through, don't forget you have the "CAST()" syntax
available (you can convert dates to strings, set a size of the character
length, etc). I've used it frequently to ensure a "proper" (expected)
VFP data type output result.

-Charlie

On 11/6/2018 12:08 PM, Chris Davis wrote:
> Not really, I can issue the query once and I get C(10) and again and I get
M(10) with the whole value in it.

> It seems to be an issue with the Filemaker ODBC driver, they suggested VFP
does ODBC v1? And their driver only supports ODBC v2?

> Whatever the issue is, Remote Views seem to get around it.  I would just
like to be able to get around it using SPT.

the query, and uses the structure of that result as the (fixed column)
structure of the result set. So, if you have a varying-length string
> (varchar) and the first result is 3 characters, VFP might create a C(3)
field, which could truncate everything else. Does that describe what you are
seeing?