From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Ken
McGinnis
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 2:41 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Webfaction question

I started using webfaction many years ago because someone on this list
mentioned it. I have been very happy. However, now Webfaction has been
taken over by Godaddy and none of my old procedures work for some
reason. Also, they are not very responsive to questions. For example: I
have several web sites on Webfaction and have my DNS server (name.com)
pointed to them and it works fine. However, I used to be able to 'hide'
things in a sub folder of one of those web sites and allow anyone to see
what was there (sometimes with a password). Now I can't do that using
FileZilla client. I set the permissions to 777 and there is no access at
all. The subfolder can't even be seen in a directory list. Anyone have
the same experience?

What I really want to know is if anyone has had good experience with a
cheap (Linux?) server where I can put my web sites. I don't need email
or any else other than storage, about 150gb or more.

---