At 08:52 2019-04-11, "Paul H. Tarver" <p...@tpcqpc.com> wrote:
I think I found one of the big reasons Foxpro didn't do well on the survey:

        From the Survey: "About three-fourths of professional developers who
took our survey are younger than 35."

Sample bias. We see this in rec.arts.sf-written when someone posts about someone's list of the top 100 (or whatever) sf books. Often, the author of that list is a young person who does not know about older classics.

        From Wikipedia: "Visual Foxpro was derived from FoxPro (originally
known as FoxBASE) which was developed by Fox Software beginning in 1984."

Soooo, apparently our favorite language is actually OLDER than most of the
respondents to the survey. So we can honestly say we were all programming
the Fox before most of these whippersnappers were even a gleam in their
momma's eye.

     Or father's.  "Luke (or whatever), I am not your father."

PS: I also learned I'm in the rarified air of old professional programmers.
Woohoo or Dammit (depends on the day)!

     Why?  You can do both every day.

[snip]

Sincerely,