On 2019/07/04 04:27, Kurt at VR-FX wrote:
Mike - you got THAT Right! I used to LOVE Turbo Pascal! I was doing it back in college - when another student got a cracked copy of it - and it BLEW ME AWAY! I think it was the 1st True Dev Env - where you could code, compile, link, run - and then Back to coding! It was GREAT!!!

-K-
That you can say again.  I even used Turbo Pascal 5 onward for all my DOS based XBase .PRG coding. With a couple of hotkeys in DOS I could easily exit it and press c|m|d|r <name> to compile/make/debug/run a application etc.  e was setup to open in TP my last edited file.  Well not that you had to do all that typing since DOS started remembering the last couple of commands so it was easy to just scroll up and hit enter in most of the cases to do the trick...