Hi Ted,

On 2019/09/27 20:04, Ted Roche wrote:
Have to say being able to write VFP code in Visual Studio is very strange
but very impressive.
Tell me more: what have you tried, what works, what doesn't. what's
familiar? What's alien?

Don't have time to mess with it now, but when it is fully cooked, I hope
it's a viable migration path for some clients.

Keep in mind this is still very early days, but will try to give some examples:

local i
for i = 1 to 10
  ? i
  if i < 5
    ? "Less than 5"
  elseif i = 5
    ? "Equals 5"
  else
    ? "Greater than 5"
  endif
  do case
    case i < 5
      ? "Less than 5"
    otherwise
      ? " >= 5"
  end case
  // Here is a new one...
  switch i
    case 1
      ? "Equal 1"
    case 2
    case 3
      ? "2 or 3"
    otherwise
      ? "Not 1, 2 or 3"
  end switch
endfor

Other VFP specifics like TEXT/ENDTEXT, WITH...ENDWITH are already available.  Most XBase commands are implemented and work in the other dialects, but might need some tweaking in the VFP syntax.

What is currently not working is DBC, VFP class declaration syntax (planned for next release) and the UI designers.  They are all high priority though and should get a lot of attention now that the X# runtime is 99.999999% complete.

HTH,

Johan Nel