Yes, it fails if you are at EOF in the currently selected table, if I recall correctly.

Frank.

Frank Cazabon

On 02/10/2019 02:14 PM, MB Software Solutions, LLC wrote:
We've seen this before (and I did it 2 decades ago):  REPLACE MyTable.MyField with SomeOtherTable.SomeField

The implication is that "replace the MyField value in the MyTable table."  But if one doesn't use the IN clause, will there ever be any chance that the update to MyTable.MyField would fail?

tia,
--Mike

---