Azure is fairly feature rich with respect to what kind of VM you want to
deploy.  Windows of Linux many flavors of each and you can add on disk
space as you see fit.  Want to reduce your costs, place that VM in a
cheaper area of the world compared to USA East coast.

I am working on certifications with Azure now as wanting to learn
something new in the COVID time frame.  They are much better today at
stating costs for your decisions then you get the bill with that shopper of
a line item.  Just like AWS allowing you to do everything Windows, Azure
allows you to do everything Linux.

.NET Core 3 is now out.  That is writing code to run in a non windows or a
windows environment.