On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 9:17 AM Eric Selje <e...@saltydogllc.com> wrote:

> I am thinking about getting a new wi-fi router and a few folks are praising
> the Google WiFi system.

I'm sure you can trust Google. ;)

Mesh networking is the way to go, say the goo-roos. eero also gets good
reviews.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-wi-fi-mesh-networking-kits/

My home iSP, based out of beautiful downtown Madison, Wisconsin of all
places, offers an eero mesh setup as their "WiFi+" option.

That said, it's usually better to buy your own and set it up , so you can
do all the support yourself.

> No thanks, not even if they were giving the
> devices away (like they do now with Google Homes).

Yeah, that's a pretty clever "first hit's free" marketing scheme. It's like
Amazon getting people to pay money for a point-of-sale terminal and book
reader.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---