Von: ProFox <profox-boun...@leafe.com> Im Auftrag von MB Software Solutions, LLC
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. September 2020 22:06
An: ProFox Email List <profox@leafe.com>
Betreff: VFP application on client invoking class from EXE on server

VFP9SP2 Win10 clients, Win 2K12R2 Server

If MyClientApp.exe on the client creates an instance of a class from a VFP EXE
on the Server, and that MyServer.Exe has code that reads configuration values
from an INI file there on the server, I'm wondering if it will function
properly.  I don't have the setup to quickly test that theory so I thought I'd
ask here.

MyServer.exe is usually always run on the Server.  It uses a SETTINGS.INI file
to determine where the data is located as well as other property values set at
run time.

This client has a VFP app that runs on everybody's virtual space and I want to
hook into an existing class from MyServer.exe but don't want to copy the code
to the other app.

Ideas/comments/suggestions?

tia!
--Mike