On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 4:49 AM Alan Bourke <alanpbou...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> What version is SQL Server? There was a cumulative update to SQL Server
> 2019 recently which caused a lot of problems.

SQL Server Express 11.0.2100.60

> When creating the System DSN, does it work with an IP address as opposed
> to the hostname, i.e.
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\SQLEXPRESS

Well. Maybe I should have asked a week ago. It does!

So, what did I do to screw up the name resolution from this machine to the
server? Since another machine finds the server by hostname, I'll guess the
server is configured correctly, but name resolution on this one workstation
isn't finding it. My Windows sysadmin-foo has pretty much rusted and fallen
off, since I've been out in the Linux galaxy for the past 15 years. Thanks
for the clue on what to investigate next!

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---