Sure Paul.

On 23/11/2020 17:27, Paul Newton wrote:
Thanks Ajit

Can I send you my table and CSV?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: ProfoxTech <profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com> On Behalf Of Ajit Abraham
Sent: 23 November 2020 14:14
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: Problem with APPEND FROM <Filename> TYPE DELIMITED

Sent by an external sender
------------------------------

Hi Paul,
I created a 60 col table (all character type) and append that line. The 58th
col correctly has the word 'LEITH'
So for me, it is behaving as expected.
I have uploaded both the files to https://we.tl/t-txhbr0rAAM Ajit

On 23/11/2020 16:14, Paul Newton wrote:
Hi all

I have a CSV file (MyFile.CSV) with a single line that looks like this:
FIN005,,06/11/2020,06/11/2020,06/11/2020,T116434,C,,,,,,,N,,,,,,,8300,,-15,,-3,,,H,S,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LEITH
You can verify for yourselves that LEITH is the 58th column.  I have a table
(MyTable.DBF) with 66 fields and Field(58) returns SA_JOB

The following fails to populate SA_JOB

Select MyTable
APPEND FROM MyFile.CSV TYPE DELIMITED

All the other columns are correct in the table.  I am completely stumped so any
help would be much appreciated.

Paul Newton