Yes, you need an ODBC driver, and you connect using that. Install a 32-bit
ODBC driver, and manage it with the 32-bit ODBC Administrator. You can set
up and test a DSN in the ODBC Administrator and then copy the settings to a
VFP SQLConnectString() if you'd prefer.

I don't use the Oracle MySQL, but rather MariaDB and their driver.

A great source of connection strings is:
https://www.connectionstrings.com/mysql/