Granted, it's a short drive, but....

This is making me nuts.  I've paraphrased and simplified the problem to the gist of it:

My program does COPY FILE (cInputFile) to (cOutputFile).  This works great. EXCEPT if the output file is on my desktop, then I get the message:
"Cannot create file c:\users\me\desktop\file.ext."

It doesn't matter that I'm an Admin user, and it doesn't matter if I also right-click and run the program as admin.

HOWEVER, if I'm in VFP and compile it with the "run after compile" option, it will compile, run, and perfectly happily copy to the desktop with no error.

Here are the rights I have on the Desktop: (You can tell I kept trying different things)
The following users are on security, and each has full rights:
everyone
System
my login
machine\users
machine\administrators
I also have the owner as my login in Advance/change owner

Thankfully, the program works fine on my clients computer, but this is making me nuts.  I'd appreciate a gentle tap with a clue-by-four.  Thank you!