Hi wOOdy!

Oh believe me...grids would be SOOOO MUCH EASIER!!!!   I'm gonna rebuild this with grids instead....but my meeting with the Team Captains was tonight at 8pm so I wasn't sure I'd get it done in time.  SWMBO wants to go grab some dinner now too.  Ugh.

Yes...I wanted to grab between sources to "trade" players from one listbox/grid to the other.

On 5/3/2021 4:59 PM, Jürgen Wondzinski wrote:
Just wondering:
Why not use Grids with AllowCellSelection = .f. and HighLightStyle = 2 ?
You'll get so much more possibilities (optical as well as technical) in
comparison to Listboxes

But back to your problem:
So you want to drag players from the left list to any of those Team groups as
well as criss-cross ?

wOOdy

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ProFox <profox-boun...@leafe.com> Im Auftrag von MB Software Solutions, LLC
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Mai 2021 21:44
An: ProFox Email List <profox@leafe.com>
Betreff: Drag and Drop code

Many many moons ago I did some drag and drop code, but I have forgotten
completely and it's no longer in my possession anyway. I want to drag names
amongst a screen full of listboxes:
https://www.screencast.com/t/6M8XxvSFV

I know I need to code in the OLEDragDrop event and native VFP Help sucks, not
really showing me anything.

I was thinking the oDataObject was the listbox where the drag started but no.  I tried to
SET STEP ON but VFP says "CANCEL or SUSPEND is not allowed."

LPARAMETERS oDataObject, nEffect, nButton, nShift, nXCoord, nYCoord LOCAL loLB as
ListBox loLB = oDataObject wait window loLB.ListCount  && this fails

SET STEP ON  && this doesn't work either

I have the properties set correctly to allow me to drag from one list to
another but now I'm stuck.  Going to search the archives next but throwing this
out there in the meantime.  Was hoping to have drag/drop implemented by the
time I had a ZOOM call with my fellow hockey captains to set the teams tonight!

tia,
--Michael