Hi all

Are there any VB.NET Winforms gurus around.

I am struggling with custom controls in Winforms. So when I start a new
project in Visfox I create custom VCXs for the different forms and form
controls. I then use these custom controls throughout the project.

I can create an inherited form with the layout I need but when I use this
form in the project all the base controls are locked  which I think is
something to do with "Friend" but I don't understand.

In Visfox I create a VCX for controls (e.g. textbox, label, combobox etc )
and inherit from the windows controls. Customisation of these controls is
visual so click on the properties and change the font size etc.
In Winforms there doesn't seem to be any visual element to this I have to
write all the code for it.

Am I missing something?

Cheers Graham