Happy New Year !!

I have a client trying to upgrade their SQL 2012 server to 2016 but we are
having a problem with the TEXT data type only returning 400 characters. We
tried to change to VARCHAR(Max) but that returns the same 400 character limit.
I am not an SQL expert so I am not sure what is causing the problem, but I
suspect it is the ODBC driver we are using??

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution or a new updated ODBC driver
that works with SQL 2016?

Thanks,
Kent