I'd consider doing a PowerBI dashboard to deliver the "news" on trailer
status.

Doing it in SP is good too, but updating that data source is a lot harder
IMO from VFP.

>From SQL Server there are hooks built for doing this in an SSIS job.  You
could schedule that job to run ever 2-5 min.  You could probably pull from
VFP data in SSIS as well.  Just getting that running is a hurdle to
overcome.

What version of SP?  On prem or M365?