Good morning,

Thank you for the earlier suggestion

Have tried both quotes and macro substitution and still get the error

When running tthe procedure there are 14 files opened.   The first
statement that uses a copy to a delimited file starts with a select
statement and then the copy

copy to output\womast01.txt type delimited with " with character |
select arinvt01
copy to output\arinvt01.txt type delimited with " with character |

The first copy works fine,   the second statement throws the error..  Now
get this,  if I change the file name after throwing the error the copy
executes just fine if I run the copy again it fails???

Windows 10 64-bit.  Programs are on the network,  running VFP9 from my
local machine.

Am also considering:
1.)  The VFP I'm using was recently installed,  so am going to run from a
remote machine I have to see what happens.
2.)  An alternative method.
3.)  Pathing error...  I set the folder where the fxp file resides as
default (I use set default to getdif())

Hopefully what I have presented makes sense!