Dave Crozier wrote:
> Paul,
> Sorry set the IP address on the laptop as static (right click "Network
> Neighbourhood" Properties, then Right click on the Lan Connection (the one
> you are using) and properties, then click on the TCP/IP entry and select
> properties and force an IP address that is within your LAN IP Range.
So I change the setting from "Obtain an IP adress automatically" to "Use
the following IP address".  So I would use say 192.168.1.199 with a
subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.  But what entries would I use for "Default
gateway" and Preferred and Alternate DNS servers ?
>  After
> doing this you should really exclude this IP address from being allocated
> from the router using DHCP but if you make the IP address at the top end of
> the range for your network this doesn't matter.
>
> On the Wireless router the DMZ setting is in the admin menu. Last Time I
> looked at the Linksys it was actually called DMZ (DeMilitarised Zone) and it
> allows all ports from the outside to pass directly through the router
> without being blocked. On sole of the Linksys routers it is under Gaming
> Options or 3rd Party application settings.

Found DMZ under "Applications and Gaming".  It has a setting for DMZ
Host IP address - is this the address (192.168.1.199) that I previously
assigned to the laptop ?

Cheers