Some notable quotes:

#------------------------------------------------------

A program should be light and agile, its subroutines connected like a
strings of pearls. The spirit and intent of the program should be
retained throughout. There should be neither too little nor too much,
neither needless loops nor useless variables, neither lack of structure
nor overwhelming rigidity. A program should follow the 'Law of Least
Astonishment'. What is this law? It is simply that the program should
always respond to the user in the way that astonishes him least. A
program, no matter how complex, should act as a single unit. The program
should be directed by the logic within rather than by outward
appearances. If the program fails in these requirements, it will be in a
state of disorder and confusion. The only way to correct this is to
rewrite the program. -- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"

#---------------------------------------------------------

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the
edges. -- B. Franklin

#-----------------------------------------------

Brief History Of Linux (#18) The rise and rise of the Microsoft Empire
The DOS and Windows releases kept coming, and much to everyone's
surprise, Microsoft became more and more successful. This brought much
frustration to computer experts who kept predicting the demise of
Microsoft and the rise of Macintosh, Unix, and OS/2. Nobody ever got
fired for choosing Microsoft, which was the prime reason that DOS and
Windows prevailed. Oh, and DOS had better games as well, which we all
know is the most important feature an OS can have. In 1986 Microsoft's
continued success prompted the company to undergo a wildly successful
IPO. Afterwards, Microsoft and Chairman Bill had accumulated enough
money to acquire small countries without missing a step, but all that
money couldn't buy quality software. Gates could, however, buy enough
marketing and hype to keep MS-DOS (Maybe Some Day an Operating System)
and Windows (Will Install Needless Data On While System) as the dominant
platforms, so quality didn't matter. This fact was demonstrated in
Microsoft's short-lived slogan from 1988, "At Microsoft, quality is job
1.1".

Would it be acceptable to debian policy if we inserted a crontab by
default into potato that emailed [EMAIL PROTECTED] every morning
with an email that read, "Don't worry, linux is a fad..."

Regards,

LelandJ