On Jan 5, 2007, at 11:03 AM, Ted Roche wrote:

> I read the README and ran the sample to confirm I had dabo installed
> and running. It was hard to tell from the many informational messages
> if installation was successful. It appeared to be.

        That's one area where Paul and I differ. I think that those messages
are confusing, while he thinks the more the merrier.

>>  You can quickly build an app that connects to an existing
>> database with the AppWizard. You can start  playing around with
>> GUI design using the Class Designer.
>
> Are there HOWTOs somewhere to do this? I haven't gotten that far yet.
> Pages in the wiki?

        There are specific examples on the wiki and in screencasts, but
nothing that "ties it all together".

> Sounds like a great opportunity for a book ;)

        I would love to finish the IDE and then sit down and write a book
about Dabo. I don't think that reversing the order would be
beneficial, since the book would be obsolete in short order.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com