I've got a table called HOLIDAYS that lists the days the company isn't
working.  I've got calls inside an iterative loop to see if a date
exists.  I'm wondering if I would be better off selecting the table into
a local cursor, indexing that cursor, and then SEEKING on that instead
of the network table.  I could run exhaustive tests to come up with an
answer, but wondered if others here had already experienced this kind of
scenario and could advise from their past travels?

Other information:
 - app built in VFP8 (eventually going to VFP9)
 - Win XP Pro operating system on client, probably W2K or NT mostly for
servers
 - favorite food:  chocolate peanut butter ice cream

tia!
--Michael

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP