=> To: ProFox Mailing List
=> Subject: [OT] That quaint old Constitution
=>
=>      Remember the US Constitution, that quaint old document
=> of pre-9/11 thinking? I think that this quote sums up what
=> has replaced it:
=>
=>      "The President has the ability to exercise his own
=> authority if he thinks Congress has voted the wrong way." -
=> Tony Snow, January 8, 2007.
=>
=>      But hey, who pays attention to all that pre-9/11 crap
=> anyways? It had a good run, but stick a fork in it; it's done.
=>
=> -- Ed Leafe
=>

That's what living in a Constitutional Monarchy will do to you.  If the
original King George would have been so easy-going, we might never have cut the
cord.

But think about it, this is all beginning to make sense in an insidious way.
Our educational efforts pretty much suck ... so who can read the Constitution
(assuming its existence is known), let alone understand any of it?  Those of us
who can and have and do are getting old and will die, sooner than later because
our healthcare system sucks.  Going forward, the only ones who will really
understand any of that Constitutional mumbo-jumbo will be newly-sworn citizens,
but we are not really allowing any significant immigration.  So as the tree is
left unattended, unfed, unwatered, unnourished, it will wither and die.

We need a Constitutional amendment to authorize the translation of our
Constitution into Spanish, but strictly for historical purposes.  This would be
consistent with that episode from Star Trek where the aliens were really
post-nuclear-holocaust Americans.

B+
HALinNY