=> Subject: Re: [NF] Another app broken by IE7
=>
=> OK, that's 5. I doubt there's 436,000 distinct applications
=> that it busted either! I still think, given the installed
=> userbase of IE, that it has been pretty painless.
=> --
=>
=>   Alan Bourke

Did anyone mention AOL Mail?

Having spent many years on the OS-producing side of the fence, let me point out
that it is not fair to categorically blame every failure on IE7.

If IE6 was working according to spec and the spec has changed, then IE7 is at
fault.

If IE7 is not working according to its spec, then it is at fault as well.

If the app used IE6 in a way inconsistent with its spec and that situation is
not allowed in IE7, then the app is at fault.

I am not aware of any analysis that goes beyond "It's broken!" has been
performed to determine the actual culpability in any of these cases.

Let's remember that the "little people" who produced IE7 are smart,
hard-working people very much like the rest of us.  Even though we may like to
bash Microsoft (and frequently with justification), it is our colleagues in the
trenches who suffer as well.

Foxers should know better than most how easily a few bad words from a selfish,
uncaring source can create a very unpleasant situation.

B+
HALinNY