> > I didn't make too many changes, just rearranged the form a bit. See
> > http://www.wjarnold.com/downloads/map_test_1.gif
> >
> > I did add parms to pass it one or two addresses (to map a location
or
> > a route).
> >

> Bill -- if you get this working consistently, and have time
> to implement this into my app, let me know.  We can discuss rates/fees
at
> that time.  I'd like to incorporate this into FabMate if possible.

Mike, I'll gladly share whatever I come up with code-wise (which is
mostly minor changes to Dave's work), but if it needs to be
custom-fitted or you'd like a hand with it, no problem.

Yeah, let's see if we can get it working right first. I do have this
customer who really likes and needs it, so it is in progress.

> Same offer for  whomever is able to consistently get this working.
I'd like for my
> clients to be able to plug in a To/From address like in
maps.google.com
> and get driving directions, along with the ability to save the file
> locally for later recollection on demand.

There are some gotchas with this stuff:

- the addresses passed to it must be "well formed". For this I use my
own CASS engine, which works but isn't ready for prime-time yet. If you
already have properly formatted addresses, no problem.

- the driving instructions are returned in a pop-up window, so I need a
way to get the (text) contents of that window into a string that can
then be worked with. This might be easy or very difficult - can't tell
yet.

This is a really nice feature for products that can use it. Let's hope
the remaining problems can be solved!

Bill