I do know about Craig's class and use it in new work. I have one large app that
uses the crypt class which I know is flaky but its what is in use.
I looked in the registry and the provider is there so it looks like the flaky
class is even worse under vista. I will see if I can fine the reason
Allen
PS Still having chronic problems with 1and1's email. Now its the IMAP gone
wrong.