Things that have happened to me:

Change in marketing director, he brings in his own
people and we stop getting work.  A year later owner
calls us to take over botched job, tells us that we
need to learn their new system on our own time,
unpaid, then bill us for just the time it takes to fix
their system.  We tell them to go pound sand.

Owner's retarded brother-in-law gets fired from his
job, owner gives our contract to brother-in-law.

Owner swears I'm not returning his calls and emails
even though I swear to him he must be calling someone
else because I'm not getting any of his calls or
emails.  He stops giving me work because I'm
unresponsive.  I think this guy may have been going
senile.