http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/23/health/psychology/23magic.html
( -or- http://tinyurl.com/32nsj5 )

“The question is why do people create this illusion of magical
power?” said the lead author, Emily Pronin, an assistant professor of
psychology and public affairs at Princeton. “I think in part it’s
because we are constantly exposed to our own thoughts, they are most
salient to us” — and thus we are likely to overestimate their
connection to outside events.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com