I have been asked to help a local charity.  They are replacing their
existing network (Win 98) with four machines which will be networked as a
peer-to-peer workgroup.  They will not be doing anything fancy, just normal
office type work; accounts (Sage), word processing, etc.  The requirement
has gone out to tender without a detailed spec and with a request for the
suppliers to recommend a suitable system.  They are getting some responses
specifying XP Home and others XP Pro.  I know that XP Home has some
limitations compared with Pro, for instance it cannot join a domain.  Are
there any other limitations which would impact them?  I'd be grateful for
any comments.

I've suggested that they use Open Office rather than pay M$ for 4 Office
licences but am getting some resistance from people who have never heard of
it (not users incidentally but committee members who will have to approve
the purchase).  Are there any limitations of Open Office compared to M$
Office?  I've not found any but, again, would be grateful for comments from
anyone who has more experience of OO.

TIA

John Weller
01380 723235