It doesn't make sense to me that they would plan a
trip, take photographs, spend the whole week, not
leave a suicide note, then kill his son and take his
own life.

I think it was either an accident or they could have
both been pushed.  There have been several crazy
random murders in national parks over the last few
years.

--- Kenneth Kixmoeller/fh