From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Stephen the Cook
Sent: 28 January 2007 15:49
To: 'ProFox Email List'
Subject: RE: SQLServer Cursor Adapters

Graham Brown (CompSYS) <> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm still working through the upsize to sqlserver. The first problem
> I've encountered is that SQL upsized my dates to datetimes. I've
> changed the cursoradapter so that everywhere it mentioned a time type
> it now shows a date.
>
> The control source on the both textboxes and grid columns are still
> showing a datetime.
>
> How do I force these to just show a date? Changing the format on both
> to "D"
> makes no difference. I've also looked at DBSetprop but that doesn't
> work for ca's.

Getting just the date from SQL Server =
select CONVERT(VARCHAR(12), your_Column|Or_Var here, 101)

That 101 is an identifier for the look of the output and it's set for a USA
date look and feel.

As a heads up, Fox & Dates is your problem.  If you convert all your fox
based systems to date time columns you will be much farther along in getting
this problem worked out.

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"A good way to judge people is by observing how they treat those who
    can do them absolutely no good." ---Unknown

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/

5:02 PM