> One gets into trouble if one won't exercise a little discipline
> (speaking too fast, background noise, slurring words, using slang, etc.)
> And even then, with just a single speaker, systems will learn to adapt,
> and translate "y'wl" to the more proper "you-all".

... Siberian Huskies howling at me in the background because they expect me
to feed them... <g>...

I have had to take a strong stance re: not feeding the Huskies.  They are so
darned clever.  They learned that if I am talking on the phone (or into a
microphone perhaps?) that by howling and bitching about wanting food I would
feed them snacks just to shut them up.  I decided I was no longer going to
be "the trained animal", and refused to feed them for a few weeks (only
Lynda would feed them morning and evening), and explaining to whoever I was
chatting with why they were hearing such nonsense in the background.  They
kind of learned to not howl (as much <g>), but from time to time they test
me.  Too smart for their own britches!  So, your comment re: background
noises is quite appropriate for my circumstances.  Thank you!

Gil