John Weller wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> Thanks for that.  I've already done steps 1 to 5 on an old laptop but gave
> up as the laptop was a P2 and just not man enough for the job.  I hope to
> acquire another, more powerful machine, in a few weeks and try again.  I was
> very impressed with the ease of use of Kubuntu.  The problem is - what is
> the significance of the svr, bin, etc folders.  When I write an OO document
> where do I save it?  If I want to edit it where do I find it again?

/home/username/whateverDirectoryYouCreate/Document.doc

Where '/' is your main directory (your HD) and 'home' is the directory
where all the users have their private directories in which every
application will create a dir of it's own for that user's preferences
and other stuff (these dirs will usually start with a '.' which makes
them 'invisible' dirs).